87.3 F
Monday, July 15, 2024

Clover Drive to support 4-H begins at Tractor Supply Co.

Related stories

Pressure mounting for Governor Lujan Grisham to cancel special session

By Adrian Hedden | Carlsbad Current-Argus A coalition of mental...

New Mexico finds oil and gas violations throughout Permian Basin

By Adrian Hedden | Carlsbad Current-Argus More than half the...

Eddy County banks on increased tax collections

By Mike Smith | Artesia Daily Press A large amount...

Here it is, spring already, and with that comes the Spring Tractor Supply Co. 4-H Clover Drive.

This year’s Clover Drive will run from April 11-22 at both TSC locations in Eddy County. I would like to take this chance to thank all those at TSC and especially all the donors for all the support, hard work, and dedication to our local 4-H youth.

Last year, nearly $1 million was raised throughout the country to support 4-H. It is our goal this year to surpass that $1-million mark.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform everybody as to how the program works and whom it benefits. While you are shopping at TSC, you will notice signs and banners throughout the store advertising the spring Clover Drive and may even notice 4-H youth in the stores from time to time. As you check out, the youth or the cashier will ask if you would like to donate to the 4-H Clover Drive. Yes, it’s that simple.

Some people might then ask: What is it for? Let me assure you that 90 percent of the donation is returned directly to the Eddy County 4-H Council while the other 10 percent goes to National 4-H for advertising and marketing. Once Eddy County 4-H receives the funds, they are to be used solely for offsetting the costs to attend various leadership camps and conferences throughout the state.

Some of these camps are Senior Leadership Retreat, Home Ec. School, Youth Get-Away, District and State conferences, as well as 4-H Day at the Roundhouse. At these camps, the youth learn life skills such as teamwork, social skills, contributions to group efforts, leadership, problem solving, and many, many others. While at these camps, they also each participate in a community service project and learn responsible citizenship and community service volunteering.

Over the past year, Eddy County has seen a 260-percent increase in attendance at these camps. Eddy County 4-H sincerely appreciates all the help and support from the community and asks that you head out to TSC and continue your support.

If you should have any questions about this program or any 4-H program, please do not hesitate to call the Eddy County Cooperative Extension Office at 575-887-6595.

Brienne Green
Daily Press Editor

Join the Artesia Daily Press Newsletter

Stay informed with the latest Artesia news and updates, directly in your inbox. Subscribe now!


Latest stories