SANTA FE – New Mexico state health officials on Saturday announced 146 additional COVID-19 cases. Per the state Department of Health, the most recent cases are:
19 new cases in Bernalillo County
9 new cases in Chaves County
2 new cases in Cibola County
8 new cases in Curry County
17 new cases in Doña Ana County
12 new cases in Eddy County
14 new cases in Lea County
1 new case in Lincoln County
1 new case in Luna County
17 new cases in McKinley County
2 new cases in Otero County
3 new cases in Quay County
4 new cases in Rio Arriba County
5 new cases in Roosevelt County
6 new cases in Sandoval County
9 new cases in San Juan County
2 new cases in San Miguel County
5 new cases in Santa Fe County
2 new cases in Sierra County
1 new case in Taos County
1 new case in Torrance County
6 new cases in Valencia County
The Department of Health on Saturday reported eight additional deaths in New Mexico related to COVID-19. They are:
• A male in his 30s from Eddy County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
• A male in his 60s from Bernalillo County. The individual had underlying conditions.
• A female in her 80s from Bernalillo County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
• A female in her 70s from Cibola County. The individual had underlying conditions and was a resident of the Good Samaritan Society facility in Grants.
• A male in his 60s from Doña Ana County. The individual had underlying conditions.
• A male in his 70s from Doña Ana County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
• A male in his 90s from Doña Ana County. The individual had underlying conditions.
• A female in her 60s from Rio Arriba County. The individual had underlying conditions.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is now 711.
Previously reported numbers included four cases that have been identified as duplicates (one in Bernalillo County, one in Doña Ana County, one in Lea County, one in McKinley County) – these have now been corrected. Including the above newly reported cases, New Mexico has now had a total of 23,302 COVID-19 cases:
Bernalillo County: 5,318
Catron County: 6
Chaves County: 527
Cibola County: 380
Colfax County: 18
Curry County: 591
Doña Ana County: 2,618
Eddy County: 364
Grant County: 72
Guadalupe County: 32
Harding County: 1
Hidalgo County: 90
Lea County: 903
Lincoln County: 151
Los Alamos County: 24
Luna County: 257
McKinley County: 4,120
Mora County: 6
Otero County: 207
Quay County: 47
Rio Arriba County: 327
Roosevelt County: 175
Sandoval County: 1,158
San Juan County: 3,093
San Miguel County: 53
Santa Fe County: 686
Sierra County: 34
Socorro County: 75
Taos County: 115
Torrance County: 63
Union County: 30
Valencia County: 456
County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
The Department of Health currently reports the following numbers of COVID-19 cases among individuals held by federal agencies at the following facilities:
• Cibola County Correctional Center: 314
• Otero County Prison Facility: 280
• Otero County Processing Center: 159
• Torrance County Detention Facility: 44
The Department of Health currently reports the following numbers of COVID-19 cases among individuals held by the New Mexico Corrections Department at the following facilities:
• Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 25
• Lea County Correctional Facility: 4
• Northeast New Mexico Correctional Facility in Union County: 1
• Northwest New Mexico Correctional Center in Cibola County: 1
• Otero County Prison Facility: 472
• Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe County: 1
• Western New Mexico Correctional Facility in Cibola County: 4
As of today, there are 113 individuals hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19. This number may include individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 out of state but are currently hospitalized in New Mexico. This number does not include New Mexicans who tested positive for COVID-19 and may have been transferred to a hospital out of state.
As of today, there are 10,391 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.
The Department of Health has identified at least one positive COVID-19 case in residents and/or staff in the past 28 days at the following long-term care facilities in Eddy County: Good Life Senior Living in Carlsbad and Lakeview Christian Home in Carlsbad.
The Department of Health has detected community spread in the state of New Mexico and is investigating cases with no known exposure. The agency reports that given the infectious nature of the virus it is likely other residents are infected but yet to be tested or confirmed positive. To that end, all New Mexicans have been instructed to stay home except for outings absolutely necessary for health, safety and welfare. These additional restrictions have been enacted to aggressively minimize person-to-person contact and ensure spread is mitigated. New Mexicans are strongly urged to limit travel to only what is necessary for health, safety and welfare.
The New Mexico Department of Health has active investigations into the positive patients, which includes contact-tracing and swabs of symptomatic individuals who have had contact with the positive cases.
Every New Mexican must work together to stem the spread of COVID-19. Stay home, especially if you are sick. Wear a mask or face covering when in public and around others.
New Mexicans who report symptoms of COVID-19 infection, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, and/or loss of taste or smell should call their health care provider or the NMDOH COVID-19 hotline immediately (1-855-600-3453).