SANTA FE – New Mexico state health officials on Saturday announced 164 additional COVID-19 cases. Per the state Department of Health, the most recent cases are:
31 new cases in Bernalillo County
10 new cases in Chaves County
2 new cases in Cibola County
3 new cases in Curry County
31 new cases in Doña Ana County
15 new cases in Eddy County
5 new cases in Lea County
6 new cases in Lincoln County
6 new cases in Luna County
2 new cases in McKinley County
2 new cases in Otero County
1 new case in Rio Arriba County
8 new cases in Roosevelt County
5 new cases in Sandoval County
4 new cases in San Juan County
3 new cases in Santa Fe County
1 new case in Sierra County
6 new cases in Socorro County
1 new case in Torrance County
4 new cases in Valencia County
18 new cases among New Mexico Corrections Department inmates at the Lea County Correctional Facility in Lea County
The Department of Health on Saturday reported six additional deaths in New Mexico related to COVID-19:
• A male in his 30s from Chaves County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
• A female in her 60s from Chaves County. The individual had underlying conditions.
• A male in his 80s from Bernalillo County. The individual had underlying conditions.
• A female in her 90s from Doña Ana County. The individual had underlying conditions and was a resident of the Good Samaritan Society Las Cruces facility in Las Cruces.
• A female in her 50s from San Juan County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
• A male in his 80s from San Juan County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is now at 847.
Previously reported numbers included two cases that were not lab confirmed (one in Bernalillo County, one in Santa Fe County) – these have now been corrected. Including the above newly reported cases, New Mexico has now had a total of 27,512 COVID-19 cases:
Bernalillo County: 6,198
Catron County: 9
Chaves County: 1,014
Cibola County: 406
Colfax County: 27
Curry County: 740
De Baca County: 1
Doña Ana County: 3,117
Eddy County: 686
Grant County: 109
Guadalupe County: 34
Harding County: 2
Hidalgo County: 99
Lea County: 1,320
Lincoln County: 186
Los Alamos County: 31
Luna County: 401
McKinley County: 4,292
Mora County: 7
Otero County: 247
Quay County: 71
Rio Arriba County: 383
Roosevelt County: 266
Sandoval County: 1,313
San Juan County: 3,257
San Miguel County: 93
Santa Fe County: 939
Sierra County: 42
Socorro County: 88
Taos County: 129
Torrance County: 65
Union County: 31
Valencia County: 548
County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
The Department of Health currently reports the following numbers of COVID-19 cases among individuals held by federal agencies at the following facilities:
• Cibola County Correctional Center: 324
• Otero County Prison Facility: 281
• Otero County Processing Center: 163
• Torrance County Detention Facility: 44
The Department of Health currently reports the following numbers of COVID-19 cases among individuals held by the New Mexico Corrections Department at the following facilities:
• Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 33
• Lea County Correctional Facility: 37
• Northeast New Mexico Correctional Facility in Union County: 1
• Northwest New Mexico Correctional Center in Cibola County: 1
• Otero County Prison Facility: 472
• Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe County: 1
• Western New Mexico Correctional Facility in Cibola County: 4
As of today, there are 68 individuals hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19. This number may include individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 out of state but are currently hospitalized in New Mexico. This number does not include New Mexicans who tested positive for COVID-19 and may have been transferred to a hospital out of state.
As of today, there are 15,342 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.
The Department of Health has identified at least one positive COVID-19 case in residents and/or staff in the past 28 days at the following long-term care facilities in Eddy County: Lakeview Christian Home in Carlsbad.
The Department of Health has detected community spread in the state of New Mexico and is investigating cases with no known exposure. The agency reports that given the infectious nature of the virus it is likely other residents are infected but yet to be tested or confirmed positive. To that end, all New Mexicans have been instructed to stay home except for outings absolutely necessary for health, safety and welfare. These additional restrictions have been enacted to aggressively minimize person-to-person contact and ensure spread is mitigated. New Mexicans are strongly urged to limit travel to only what is necessary for health, safety and welfare.
The New Mexico Department of Health has active investigations into the positive patients, which includes contact-tracing and swabs of symptomatic individuals who have had contact with the positive cases.
Every New Mexican must work together to stem the spread of COVID-19. Stay home, especially if you are sick. Wear a mask or face covering when in public and around others.
New Mexicans who report symptoms of COVID-19 infection, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, and/or loss of taste or smell should call their health care provider or the NMDOH COVID-19 hotline immediately (1-855-600-3453).