SANTA FE – New Mexico state health officials on Friday announced 341 additional COVID-19 cases. Per the state Department of Health, the most recent cases are:
99 new cases in Bernalillo County
32 new cases in Chaves County
12 new cases in Cibola County
3 new cases in Colfax County
27 new cases in Curry County
45 new cases in Doña Ana County
16 new cases in Eddy County
1 new case in Grant County
26 new cases in Lea County
1 new case in Lincoln County
14 new cases in Luna County
7 new cases in McKinley County
4 new cases in Otero County
2 new cases in Rio Arriba County
1 new case in Roosevelt County
16 new cases in Sandoval County
9 new cases in San Juan County
17 new cases in Santa Fe County
1 new case in Sierra County
1 new case in Socorro County
3 new cases in Torrance County
3 new cases in Valencia County
1 new case among individuals being held by federal agencies at the Otero County Prison Facility
The Department of Health on Friday reported five additional deaths in New Mexico related to COVID-19.
• A female in her 90s from Eddy County. The individual had underlying conditions and was a resident of Lakeview Christian Home in Carlsbad.
• A male in his 60s from Lea County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
• A female in her 70s from Lea County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
• A male in his 60s from Bernalillo County. The individual was hospitalized and had underlying conditions.
• A male in his 90s from Doña Ana County. The individual had underlying conditions and was a resident of the Good Samaritan Society facility in Las Cruces.
The number of deaths of New Mexico residents related to COVID-19 is now at 887.
Previously reported numbers included two cases in Bernalillo County that were not lab confirmed – these have now been corrected. Including the above newly reported cases, New Mexico has now had a total of 30,000 COVID-19 cases:
Bernalillo County: 6,757
Catron County: 9
Chaves County: 1,293
Cibola County: 443
Colfax County: 39
Curry County: 881
De Baca County: 1
Doña Ana County: 3,521
Eddy County: 891
Grant County: 129
Guadalupe County: 34
Harding County: 1
Hidalgo County: 101
Lea County: 1,490
Lincoln County: 220
Los Alamos County: 33
Luna County: 439
McKinley County: 4,353
Mora County: 7
Otero County: 275
Quay County: 75
Rio Arriba County: 403
Roosevelt County: 290
Sandoval County: 1,396
San Juan County: 3,375
San Miguel County: 101
Santa Fe County: 1,049
Sierra County: 48
Socorro County: 110
Taos County: 148
Torrance County: 80
Union County: 31
Valencia County: 595
County totals are subject to change upon further investigation and determination of residency of individuals positive for COVID-19.
The Department of Health currently reports the following numbers of COVID-19 cases among individuals held by federal agencies at the following facilities:
• Cibola County Correctional Center: 324
• Otero County Prison Facility: 286
• Otero County Processing Center: 163
• Torrance County Detention Facility: 44
The Department of Health currently reports the following numbers of COVID-19 cases among individuals held by the New Mexico Corrections Department at the following facilities:
• Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Valencia County: 34
• Lea County Correctional Facility: 51
• Northeast New Mexico Correctional Facility in Union County: 1
• Northwest New Mexico Correctional Center in Cibola County: 1
• Otero County Prison Facility: 472
• Penitentiary of New Mexico in Santa Fe County: 1
• Southern New Mexico Correctional Facility in Doña Ana County: 1
• Western New Mexico Correctional Facility in Cibola County: 4
As of today, there are 89 individuals hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19. This number may include individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 out of state but are currently hospitalized in New Mexico. This number does not include New Mexicans who tested positive for COVID-19 and may have been transferred to a hospital out of state.
As of today, there are 17,055 COVID-19 cases designated as having recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.
The Department of Health has identified at least one positive COVID-19 case in residents and/or staff in the past 28 days at the following long-term care facilities in Eddy County: Lakeview Christian Home in Carlsbad.
The Department of Health has detected community spread in the state of New Mexico and is investigating cases with no known exposure. The agency reports that given the infectious nature of the virus it is likely other residents are infected but yet to be tested or confirmed positive. To that end, all New Mexicans have been instructed to stay home except for outings absolutely necessary for health, safety and welfare. These additional restrictions have been enacted to aggressively minimize person-to-person contact and ensure spread is mitigated. New Mexicans are strongly urged to limit travel to only what is necessary for health, safety and welfare.
The New Mexico Department of Health has active investigations into the positive patients, which includes contact-tracing and swabs of symptomatic individuals who have had contact with the positive cases.
Every New Mexican must work together to stem the spread of COVID-19. Stay home, especially if you are sick. Wear a mask or face covering when in public and around others.
New Mexicans who report symptoms of COVID-19 infection, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, and/or loss of taste or smell should call their health care provider or the NMDOH COVID-19 hotline immediately (1-855-600-3453).